Points is looking for a Specialist, Promotions to join our Delivery Services team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Specialist who is comfortable working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. The Specialist will source, organize, clean, move, sort and manage large data sets to create promotional campaign lists.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Promotions, the Specialist, Promotions will:
- Support the execution of marketing campaigns for partnered business by advising marketers and relationship managers setting up promotional activities for execution
- Write and run SQL queries to create customer lists for promotional campaigns
- Source, collate, process and prepare data from disparate sources for lists as required
- Be responsible for quality control to ensure accuracy of lists
- Manage the internal and external receipt and transfer of data files using standard security practices (including file encryption and management of encryption keys)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ year experience at creating and running SQL queries
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and adjust quickly as they change with business needs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work cross functionally with relationship management and partner marketing teams
- Ability to interpret business requirements to translate them into query requests
- Strong organizational skills, attention detail and deadline driven
- Familiarity with web programming, web-services, and understanding of how e-Commerce websites work, definite plus
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2017, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Interested applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.