Specialist, Data Science
Specialist, Data Science
Points is looking for a Specialist, Data Science to join our Marketing Analytics and Insights team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
If your skills reside at the intersection of analytics, business and technology then we have a unique and exciting opportunity for you!
You will run modeling flows to score customer data, assist with the optimization of the models themselves, and contribute to the development of new predictive models. We are searching for someone that will also be involved in the measurement and reporting of AB testing results and analytics to support data science activities within the marketing area of the business. The successful candidate will also be involved in the automation of modelling scoring routines.
Reporting to the Lead Data Scientist, the Specialist will:
- Source, collate, process and prepare data from disparate sources to support modelling and AB testing activities
- Explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms
- Run and support the optimization of predictive models which drive email and display ad targeting and surface the right promotional offer to the right customer.
- Contribute to decision making process by applying statistical tests to AB test results
- Collaborate with Lead Data Scientist and Marketing team to identify additional data sources to be collated, new useful transformations to apply to existing data, and additional services that can be used to enrich what’s already available
- Assist with creation of pipelines and processes to organize, transform and score data using predictive models
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary degree in quantitative discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Science, Analytics) ideally with a statistics focus
- 2+ year experience in predictive analytics/data science
- Strong analytical, data processing, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with end-to-end statistical modeling process
- Understanding of ETL projects and data preparation required for statistical modelling
- Strong Python skills to automate scoring processes
- Familiarity with modeling in SPSS, Python, R, and/or other statistical analysis tools
- Familiarity with SQL
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2017, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Interested applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.