Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Points is looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our Software Engineering team for a full-time permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic person with a passion for software engineering to join Points. If you love working in an open, highly collaborative environment making awesome software, then Points is the place for you.
As a member of one of our agile development teams, you will work side by side with other Software Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and other stakeholders.
- Building and scaling our consumer facing products
- Practicing agile development in a scrum environment
- Communicating with Product Owners and other stakeholders
- Working closely with energetic, experienced Developers and engineering leaders
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the Front-End Engineer will be responsible for:
- At least 5 years’ experience working as part of a software development team
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
- Passion for mastering collaborative software development
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience developing distributed web services and micro-service architectures
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience applying the SOLID principles
- Deep understanding of refactoring and design patterns
- Experience with GraphQL, Relay, Flux Application Architecture
- Experience with Python
- Experience with CouchDB, Elasticsearch or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems (puppet, vagrant, docker, ansible)
- Experience with Cloud Computing Platforms
- Knowledge of Linux systems and Internet Protocols
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2016, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Interested applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.