Risk Data Analyst
Risk Data Analyst
Points, the world’s leading loyalty currency management platform, is looking for an outstanding Risk Data Analyst to fill a 6 month contract position. As our successful Risk Data Analyst, you will perform a critical function in optimizing and enhancing the risk teams reporting processes.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a smart, detail oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem solving, dashboard creation, and report building. As a Risk Data Analyst, you will be relied on to review, build / or enhance current reports used by the risk team. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with superior Excel skills, outstanding analytical skills, and a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast paced environment.
Our Risk Data Analyst will be responsible for:
- Tracking and providing statistics on fraud, refunds and chargeback levels across our products and partners
- Building or enhancing risk team metric reports, including dashboard creation
- Create reporting for executive management and other key internal stakeholders
- Tracking and maintaining fraud incident and chargeback reports and other related analyses
- Where required, evaluating and identifying fraud trends and engaging with internal stakeholders to assist with investigating the root cause of losses where required
- Evaluating and identifying fraudulent online transactions
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent computer skills with advanced expertise in Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Look ups, etc), Internet searching and online databases
- Comfortable enhancing existing or building new reports and dashboards that are dynamic and easy to understand
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – ability to analyze, interpret and explain data
- Strong experience in reporting, data mining and ad hoc analysis
- Experience with Tableau is a considered an asset
- Experience with Kount is considered an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work towards a deadline (and meet deadlines)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and to work well under pressure
- University/College degree or equivalent working experience
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2016, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress everyday
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to email@example.com.