Points is looking for a Senior Developer to join our Software Development team for a permanent full-time position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to join our team to collaboratively deliver custom solutions and provide prompt high quality solutions to problems. These custom solutions projects include a varying combination of project planning, project management, architecture design, implementation, product training and consulting services.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Software Engineering, the Senior Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Manage existing codebase and develop new products for very strategic client.
- Develop and document custom partner implementations and integrations.
- Interact with one of our top 3 partners and be the owner of technical relationship.
- Project planning, estimations, and client management.
- Provide technical expertise and solutions.
- Provide guidance to technical and non-technical customers’ of varying levels of technical expertise.
- On-demand developer support directly to client and their partners.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by client, involving clients’ websites and integrations.
- Maintain a troubleshooting and best-practices knowledge base.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years of experience in professional or consulting services.
- Minimum 5 years in software development
- High comfort level with JVM languages including Java and Groovy, relational databases, and linux.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas to business stakeholders and technical users.
- Broad understanding of enterprise and web architectures.
- Critical and creative thinking.
- Travel once a quarter.
NICE TO HAVE
- Expertise in building Grails and React web applications.
- Developing applications with docker/docker-compose.
- Understanding of building and deploying highly available and redundant infrastructures against AWS.
- Experience with Python and NoSQL databases.
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2017, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Interested applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.