Lead Data Scientist, Marketing
Lead Data Scientist, Marketing
Points is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our Marketing Analytics and Insights team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist who will manage a team of two and will take a leading role in growing the advanced analytics/predictive modeling capabilities within our organization and on behalf of our valued Loyalty Partners. This role is strategically important to the Points’ growth plans.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will be working in fast paced, marketing focused environment. Your key responsibilities include analyzing and distilling loyalty program member insights from diverse data sets as well as researching, designing and implementing data models and statistical algorithms that will be utilized for marketing campaigns and website optimization.
Reporting to Director, Analytics and Insights, the Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for:
- Providing subject matter expertise/coaching on data science/advanced analytics, including predictive modeling, clustering, and significance testing within the organization
- Focusing on advanced data analytics methods to identify existing patterns in customer behavior, as well as predicting future customer behavior and engagement
- Identifying and developing opportunities to build predictive models and behavioural segments for marketing campaigns and website optimization
- Overseeing, streamlining and automating on-going customer targeting for marketing campaigns
- Measurement and reporting of AB testing results
- Working closely with marketing stakeholders to understand Loyalty program member behavior from unique data sources
- Providing key insights and recommendations to drive business performance
- Monitoring, tuning, refining and automating the performance of all previously defined algorithms/models
- Identifying additional sources of data which can improve existing data products and/or enable the creation of new data products
- Overseeing development of a marketing data warehouse used to power predictive models and insights
- Leading and coaching a team of two Data Engineers
- Cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files) a plus
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters in Math/Computer Science/Statistics/Economics or another quantitative field of study
- Over 5 years’ experience applying Data Science to drive marketing results including (classification models, clustering, significance testing)
- Knowledge and experience of statistical analysis tools essential, e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, Python
- Familiarity with data warehousing, data processing pipelines and data structures
- Ability to communicate/present complex ideas/analysis in a concise, business friendly manner
- Minimum 1-2 years management experience
- Hands-on experience with SQL a plus
- Experience on automating data science processes a plus
- Hotel e-commerce and/or Marketing Analytics experience a significant plus.
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2016, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Interested applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.