Points is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team for a permanent full-time position.
Want to be part of a team that is continuously reshaping how consumers get more value from their loyalty programs?
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Financial Analyst to provide support to our business development team and to identify new areas for growth. In the role of Financial Analyst you will interact closely with many different internal and external stakeholders. You will conduct market research and analysis, and develop business cases and forecasts that support new business opportunities. You will help identify and analyze new opportunities beyond existing approaches to further improve the business and sustain profitable growth.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
Financial Modelling, Research & Analytics (70%)
- Provide support on new loyalty partner program research in a variety of industries, markets, and geographic regions
- Support business development and product teams in building business cases, financial models, and opportunity sizing
- Support sales team in RFP preparation and pricing
- Identify new revenue opportunities from new loyalty programs
- Conduct extensive research of loyalty program rules, program size, and loyalty member demographics
- Analyze reward currency values and dynamics of customer behavior specific to loyalty programs
- Assist in the creation of new financial models for new products
Business Planning (30%)
- Participate in the monthly forecast cycle, including working with the Business Development teams to ensure salesforce.com and Adaptive Insights are up to date for new sales opportunities
- Assist in the annual Corporate planning process with the required business analysis
- Provide accurate financial and business information as required to senior management for use in decision making
- Ad-Hoc analysis as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience in similar roles
- CMA/ CPA-CMA preferred
- Ability to analyze data and make actionable recommendations with minimum direction
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency
- Customer oriented, strives to exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Clear, consistent and reliable communicator
- Advanced excel skills required
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and can handle change in a positive fashion
- Conscientious about integrity, social responsibility and respect
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2016, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Interested applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.