Points is looking for a Content Specialist to join our Marketing team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
We’re an industry-leading organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re a technology company working in the loyalty e-commerce industry. Our solutions enhance the management and monetization of loyalty currencies for more than 50 of the world’s largest loyalty brands, from frequent flyer miles and hotel points to retailer and credit card rewards. Supported by our unparalleled loyalty industry experience and technological expertise, we bring state-of-the-art loyalty commerce platforms and products to individuals and businesses in today’s loyalty marketplace.
Our casual, collaborative office is where our strong workplace culture begins. Our people are what make us great, so we empower them with the freedom to think big and the resources to make things happen. We communicate directly, lead by example, and make sure our team members know how much they are appreciated. Passion for life and work is important to us, and we want to see it in you, too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an organized and creative Content Specialist for our busy Marketing Services team. As a Content Specialist, you’ll be in charge of your own portfolio of marketing projects, responsible for delivering a quality finished product, on time. You’ll oversee the creation of (mostly) digital marketing assets for a range of external partners, as well as our own internal communications projects, guiding them from the initial brief, through writing, design, and reviews, then out the door for implementation.
You’ll quickly become an expert in our partners’ brands and content best practices, and contribute your own creative feedback to ensure everything we produce is top-notch. And get ready to meet a lot of new people, because you’ll be liaising with many different departments across the company. The Marketing Services team is small but flexible, with opportunities for you to do copywriting, creative testing, editing and more.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Services, the Content Specialist will be responsible for:
- Project managing 20+ marketing promotions at a time, seeing projects through from initial request to finished asset, and delivering those assets to the proper team member for implementation
- Working collaboratively and giving creative feedback to ensure all marketing assets you touch are the best they can be
- Identify opportunities to improve existing creative or process practices
- Managing external vendors and freelancers, such as designers, translators, email coders, printers, video designers, writers, etc., ensuring projects are prioritized and delivered on-time
- Handling last-minute requests and prioritizing against other projects
- Being a brand expert for all partners in your portfolio and maintaining a company-wide brand library
- Liaising with other internal teams such as Web Development and Product to ensure assets are delivered on-time
- Attending and/or organizing project launch meetings or touch-point meetings for projects/promotions as required
- Working with Relationship Managers and Partner Marketers to secure asset approvals and implement changes
- Ensuring our company brand standards are maintained for Product, B2B and internal communications
- Responding to and solving issues raised with live projects, such as resourcing challenges, and changes in timelines and scope
- Writing copy for online ads, emails, blog posts, articles, white papers websites, product guides, video scripts and more
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education in marketing, business, communications or related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience copy writing and/or coordinating complex projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of online marketing campaign execution
- Ability to embrace and learn new technologies and explore creative ways of meeting business objectives
- Proactive communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills who excels in bringing team members together to solve challenges
- A highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and manage customer expectations
- Prior experience writing marketing copy, blogs, articles, etc. for B2B, B2C and internal audiences
- Experience managing projects in an agency environment and working with multiple brands is a definite asset
- Vigilant editing skills when it comes to both the written word and design/branding
- Comfortable working with project management software (e.g. Clarizen, Salesforce, Trello, Jira) is a definite bonus
- Passion for the web, the written word, content, organization, technology, and the loyalty industry
- Please provide a sample of your work or link to your portfolio that showcase your writing samples!
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
Building a great company culture is as vital to us as building a great business. In 2017, we were named one of the Best Workplaces (Medium) in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We were also named one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers (2016) and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2017).
- Central downtown location in the Financial District
- Connected to the PATH network of shops/restaurants
- Flexible work hours and casual dress every day
- Marvelous Snack Cart Fridays: free refreshments and snacks!
- Free coffee, tea, juice, pop, and snacks
- Monthly subsidized lunch program
- Green commuter and fitness subsidies
- Secure bike storage with showers and towel service
- Company-sponsored activities: bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Interested applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.